Friday, January 15, 2010

OOh look at her





Here we are again at last. I find it very difficult to keep up the blog right now, Laina is so fast and independent. She won't let me take her picture if she doesn't feel like it, and the photo opportunities are trumped by my need to watch her. Here is a cute photo of her with her Grampa at Christmas, relaxing on the couch. She adores him and especially likes when he reads her stories. Another one is of her with a new Birthday Cake toy she loves, wearing a new nightie, both from her Auntie Pam and Uncle Paul. Another is of her with her new "puter" from Santa and wearing another new nightie that Grandma made. This one she has been putting on after school just to hang around and be comfy, she likes to twirl in it too.I somehow ended up with a "girlie Girl"; I am a woman who lives in jeans and sweatshirts and works as a housepainter. The last one is of her in some dress-ups, very sparkly. I try and remember funny things she says, there are so many everyday. I recently had my appendix out and tried to simplify my explanation to her but she was still wondering about it a few days later. She said "Mommy, did the doctor take out your stomach?" I said No, of course not Honey. I really need that to eat. Then she said "Did he take out your heart?" I said "OH no, sweetie, just the appendix which I didn't need." Then she finished with "Then you still love me and we can get some chocolate, right?" WOW, she really has a way of working things out. Her mind is on overtime and we really have to stay alert to avoid being tricked by her roundabout ways to get what she wants. Her ego is very healthy too. She gets all dressed up and then asks if we will say "Ooh, look at her!She must be a Princess, for real!" when she walks by. She also asks us to say "Bravo!" when she does a pretend show or a trick. I guess all 3 year olds are self-centered though so we are not worrying....yet.

No comments: